Tuesday, April 27, 2021

What I'm Reading Now -- At Ease: Stories I Tell to Friends

Much to my own surprise, I'm on the the fifth book in my 2021 Reading Challenge!  The latest selection is At Ease: Stories I Tell to Friends, which is the January selection, a book by someone famous for something other than writing.  (Remember, one of my personal rules is that I don't have to read them in order).

It's a hefty book.  I wasn't sure I would want to go back to a massive presidential tome after the approximately five years and three attempts that it took me to get through Truman.  Nevertheless, here I am.  Maybe my affinity for reading historical tomes, lost during all the dull reading of law school, is finally making a comeback!

So far I have read the "Warning to the Reader" and about a page and a half of the forward, and it looks promising.  I like his style.  Hopefully it keeps up throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment