Saturday, December 24, 2022

So This is Christmas!

I know the holidays can be stressful, but as my slightly drunk co-worker opined as the holiday party, "it's fantastic because, just for a minute, everything stops."  Of course, everything up until that minute was complete insanity, but he's right.  Everything stops.  And it's really lovely when everything does.

In this year's crazy run-up to the holidays, I did manage to squeeze in a few of my holiday favorites.  I watched a couple of the classics, It's a Wonderful Life and Love Actually, plus my own personal Christmas classic, Little Women.  I added a couple slightly-less-classic but nevertheless well-known holiday films: Home Alone and Bad Santa.  And of course there was the terrible Amazon original Your Christmas or Mine?, which is destined to fade into oblivion (although it did have the perk of being set in England).

As an early birthday gift, my mother-in-law took me and her other D-I-L to lunch and to see the Ambassadors of Harmony's holiday show at UMSL.  We had a lovely day out before the bitterly cold weather set in.  I missed the SLSO show this year, but there's always next year!

We also got to visit with some family who were in town -- drinks with K&J at The Blue Duck, followed by dinner at Pizzeria da Gloria, which added J&T, M&K, and J to the party, making us a table of nine.  (When was the last time I ate a restaurant with nine people?  We're going back pre-pandemic here I think!)  And my mother-in-law is hosting her side of the family for their Christmas get-together this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment