Monday, December 5, 2022

What I'm Reading Now -- Dracula (A Third Attempt)

Many years ago, I started reading Dracula one night when I was visiting Dad in Breckenridge.  I eventually made it further than the 16 pages I had covered at the time I wrote that post, but not by much.  I started reading it a second time in the intervening years, and made it further still but probably not past page 60 or so.  

So here I am, trying it a third time.  One thing I have learned about books over the years is that sometimes it's just not the right time.  And that's okay.  Don't force it, come back and try again later.  Paradoxically, another thing I have learned is that sometimes a book just isn't for you, despite what you may think.  It's not always easy to tell which should be the guiding principle when one finds oneself struggling with a book.  The best advice I can offer is to go with your gut on which is the case with any particular read.

With Dracula, I'm giving it another shot.  In addition to all my initial reasons, it was also my October "Thrills and Chills" pick for my 2022 Reading Challenge.  So here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment