Friday, January 6, 2023

2022 Reading Challenge Recap

2022 was a good reading year for me!  I finished nine of the books on my 2022 Reading Challenge (plus a few others), started and quit on one, and started but have yet to finish another one.  Here's the run-down:

January: Winter Wonderland (set in a wonderful place - somewhere beautiful, with a rich culture, or magical)
The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey
READ

February: Seeing Red (with "red" in the title or a red cover; bonus points if it has both)
Rebecca, by Daphne DuMaurier
READ

March: Sub-Genre Sound Off (a sub-genre of your favorite genre)
Jack: A Life Like No Other, by Geoffrey Perret
Note: I struggled with what my favorite genre was.  Eventually I fell back on history, because I was a history major in college and at one point it was definitively my favorite.  Plus, it was the category I could easily divide into sub-categories on my bookshelf: history >> American history >> the Kennedys.
STARTED AND QUIT.  JUST NOT GOOD.

April: Classics or Currents (published before the year you were born or within the last year)
The Sorrows of Young Werther, by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Note: technically, the edition of this book that I have was not published before I was born.  However, the original was, so I'm going with it.
READ

May: Author Introduction (an author you've never read anything by)
The High Adventure of Eric Ryback, by Eric Ryback
READ

June: Name or Number (with a name or number in the title; bonus points if it has both)
The Last Four Days of Paddy Buckley, by Jeremy Massey
READ

July: Around or Out of this World (set in a country other than where you live, or by an author from another country, or set in space or on another planet)
Muddied Oafs: The Last Days of Rugger, by Richard Beard (British)
READ

August: Creature Feature (has a creature - mythical or real - on the cover)
Good Dog. Stay., by Anna Quindlen
READ

September: When Text Isn't Enough (includes more than just text - a map, illustrations, a family tree, letters, etc.)
The Silmarillion, by J.R.R. Tolkien
Note: I picked this one because it has so many special additions: maps, six family trees, a pronunciation guide, and an appendix.
HAVE NOT STARTED

October: Thrills and Chills (ghost stories, haunted houses, true crime, murders - anything that keeps you on the edge of your seat)
Dracula, by Bram Stoker
READ

November: Dynamic Duos (with characters that make the perfect pair)
The Reading Promise, by Alice Ozma
STARTED BUT HAVE NOT FINISHED YET

December: Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice (holiday themes, love stories, happy cries, comedies - anything that makes you feel good)
The Incredible Journey, by Sheila Burnford
READ

K and I have selected a list for next year's reading challenge as well, which I will post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment