Tuesday, January 30, 2024

What I'm Reading Now -- Laundry Love

As I was writing my last post about Andorra, I realized I had never written about the book I started reading a few weeks prior.  It's Laundry Love: Finding Joy in a Common Chore, by Patric Richardson.  I heard about through The Splendid Table, on which he was interviewed about how to deal with the sometimes-unfortunate aftermath of all the delicious foods that they discuss cooking.

What I really liked about his take on the whole "I don't want to wear my fanciest clothes, because I might stain them" question was that he had such a logical response.  Basically, it was "don't worry about that, we'll just get the stains out."  He had such a lovely attitude about, yes, laundry, that I got his book from the library.

As I started reading it, I realized that it contained a mix of general ideas and very practical tips, so I decided I should probably get my own copy.  I did that, and returned the library's copy, but unfortunately I haven't made much further progress since then.  But, it's still there on the table, waiting to be read.  I'll get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment