Sunday, November 29, 2009

North Carolina, Day 5

Unfortunately, I don't have many fun pictures from today. That's not to say it wasn't fun, just that I didn't have my camera handy.

It was another lazy day today. As per usual, I slept really late (10ish). Then J and I drove E's new car to the Hertz lot at the airport so she could return her rental.
E's new car!
Interior

We came back to mom's, had leftovers for breakfast/lunch, finished watching The Incredibles (which we started last night), and started another puzzle. E, J, and I took the dogs for a long walk; I spent some quality time with my book.

Dinner was a really fun wine and small plate dinner at the Weathervane. The restaurant is attached to a store called "A Southern Season," which is possibly the most fabulous kitchen/wine/gourmet food/cookbook store I've ever been in. I love it! We got four wines (all from South Africa -- that was the theme for the evening) and four small plates. Everything was delicious, except that not everyone loved the pate (plate #4). The vegetarian option for that course, which E got, was some totally delicious blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment