Monday, November 30, 2009

North Carolina, Day 6

True to form, I slept until after 10. It had been a rather fitful night, so I think I needed it (for a change). E woke me up just in time to run off to coffee. B (E's boyfriend) and all of his friends get together every weekend at a coffee shop near his house, and I think it's a great tradition. I've been twice now, and there were probably 8-10 people there at any given time (though they come and go as necessary). It's really fun!
B

Christmas decorations near the coffee shop

After that, we rushed home where we had Thanksgiving #3! It was delightful. My mom had a friend of hers over, so there were 6 total for this meal. It was another traditional plate of food: turkey, gravy, squash, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and my mom's delicious Dilly Bread! Oh, and a crustless apple-cranberry pie, too!
Meal #3

Then, sadly, it was off to the airport. Lucky for us, it wasn't crowded and it was smooth sailing (almost) all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment