Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mad Men - The Dinner Series, Part I

One of my fave TV shows, Mad Men, started up again about a month ago. Very cool. Since K is now caught up and totally into it, we decided to meet up on Sunday nights, cook dinner, and watch the show. J and A (our cousin who's in from Jeff City for a job) have joined us, and we've had loads of fun figuring out (a) what to make, and (b) how to make it. Except last night when I almost got blown up. That was slightly less fun than normal. But anyway...

Yesterday was K's choice for dinner (not the band), so we had the following menu: cheese ravioli with spinach and tomatoes; sourdough bread with ricotta, salt, and pepper (broiled - that's how I almost got blown up); and vanilla ice cream with berries and chocolate sauce. K was especially thrilled with the dessert, and insisted that I take a picture of J's partially-eaten (believe it or not!) final course. So, here it is:

Dessert.

2 comments:

  1. We need to be more diligent in documenting our culinary extravaganzas. I need some public record of the fact that I can cook and that some of it is actually edible. If only so I believe in myself a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for you, K (everyone already knows M can do it). I'll write up a sterling recommendation if you need it for future employers. Better yet, why don't you just write one up on my letterhead, and I'll sign it...

    ReplyDelete