Friday, August 6, 2010

Reasons not to go to Wal-Mart

I tried to run a quick errand to Wal-Mart this morning on my way to work. It was early in the morning. It wasn't crowded. I needed 3 things: fabric softener, toothpaste, hot dog buns. Don't go to Wal-Mart. Here's why:

1. Cheating. It's one thing to leave one person in line with a cart full of stuff while the other person goes to grab one last thing. It's quite another to leave one person in line holding a couple things, while the person with the cart full of school supplies goes to get a few last things. When I saw the cart coming, I changed lines.

2. Idiocy. I arrived at my second line just as the cashier announce the woman's total: $30.54. The woman digs around in her purse for a while and eventually announces that she doesn't have her credit card. She'll have to pay cash. She has $6, and change. So she pulls a few things out of the bag. The cashier removes them from the order. After she's selected 3 or 4 items, the cashier reads the new total: $26-something. "Oh, no, those things I gave you were the things I actually wanted to get!" I changed lines.

3. Deafness. The third line was going OK, until I saw the lady about to put the hot dog buns in a separate bag. So I say, loud and clear, "You can put those all in one bag. Save the plastic." So what does she do? Puts the hot dog buns in a separate bag, takes it off the little spinny bag thing, pulls one handle through the other, and hands it to me. "Or not, two bags is good, too."

For real?

No comments:

Post a Comment