Sunday, July 31, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Week 13

Otherwise titled: St. Louis Aces

Holy Mary, is it hot around here.  But never to be deterred from doing something fun, T and I braved temperatures of over 100 degrees to go watch some tennis.  Two things about this are odd: (1) I didn't even know we had a for-real tennis team here in the Lou; and (2) despite all the matches I've watched on TV, I've never actually seen a live tennis match in my life (at least not one that was for real - watching my friends screw around on a tennis court doesn't count).

The Aces play at the Dwight Davis Tennis Center in Forest Park. Their star player, who played the first match in their bout with the Kansas City Explorers, is Mark Philippoussis, and he's the only player I actually took pictures of.  There are more pictures (not mine) here, if you're interested.


We were sitting in the courtside boxes, which was awesome, because we got lots of food and drinks.  Oh!  And there was a cooler full of ice cold water and beer right behind our seats, which was clutch given the miserable temperatures.


Anyway, it was lots of fun, and now I know something new about St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment