Sunday, October 14, 2012

Goal #42

Goal #42: break the habit of immediately jumping on my computer when I get to work.

I know, it will take more than a week to break the habit.  But I'd like to at least make an effort.

Here's what happens: I get to work, I put my lunch in the fridge, I sit down, and I check my email.  I click on a link, and another link, I check another e-mail address, I read the news, and before I know it, it's lunch time.

This is a bad pattern.  As with many resolutions, progress on this front will be hard to measure, but maybe it's Potter Stewart-worthy, "I know it when I see it."

Recap of Goal #41: fabulous!  I found several places I like, and I'm putting in an application for one tomorrow!  Apparently there are some other people interested in it so I may not get it, but keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment