Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) -- Take 2

I think the version I had of this audiobook must have been abridged because it was only four CDs long.  Truthfully, I'm glad it was.  While it was certainly funny and even had some laugh-out-loud moments, I generally have limited tolerance for humor/biography books.  They get repetitive.  And even though the audio was abridged, I'm really glad it was read by the author.  Since much of it seemed to be train-of-thought type writing, and some of it not even that connected, it was nice to get the proper inflection to make otherwise unwieldy sentences (like this one) come out right.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but I think I'm in Mindy Kaling's target demographic.  If you're not, you'll probably just think it's inane and kind of annoying.  True, there's not much in her life story that I can relate to other than being a chubby kid, but her general experiences are totally relatable and understandable. 

1 comment: