Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Songs I'm Loving Today

Keith Urban's reflections.

Keith Urban is a master of songs about memory of all types.  They can be hopeful, like "Making Memories of Us."  They can be sad, like "Tonight I Wanna Cry."  They can be an I-told-you-so, like "You'll Think of Me."  Take your pick - they're all great.  Click to watch the videos (with lyrics selected by yours truly).



"I'm gonna be here for you from now on,
This you know somehow;
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now....

And I'm gonna love you,
Like nobody loves you,
And I'll earn your trust
Making memories of us."



"Alone in this house again tonight,
I got the TV on, the sound turned down, and a bottle of wine.
There's pictures of you and I on the walls around me,
The way that it was and could've been surrounds me,
I'll never get over you walking away.

I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show,
And I thought that being strong meant never losing your self control,
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain,
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain from my eyes,
Tonight I wanna cry."



"Ever since you found yourself in someone else's arms,
I've been tryin' my best to get along,
But that's okay, there's nothing left to say but

Take your records, take your freedom,
Take your memories, I don't need 'em.
Take your space and take your reasons,
But you'll think of me.
Take your cat and leave my sweater,
'Cause we have nothing left to weather.
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better,
But you'll think of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment