Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Redux

I hope all my loyal readers had wonderful Thanksgiving holidays, wherever they might have found themselves.  I know I did.

Of course there are the big thanks for family, friends, good health, good food, etc.  Those are all well and good, and sincerely meant.

Today, however, I would like to give thanks for something less often appreciated.  It's that moment when you come in from the cold and step into a hot shower.  Your recently-numb toes prickle as the life returns to them.  That is a wonderful moment, and is tempered only by the knowledge that the shower can't last forever.

So thanks, hot water, for that moment.

2 comments:

  1. there was a blog somewhere giving thanks for hot water that came out of faucets... might've been written by someone who survived Hurricane Sandy :) Like you did!
    Can't wait to see you!
    Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling mom the other day that the hardest decision I have to make on a daily basis is whether to turn the hot water off or just stand under it forever.

    ReplyDelete