Monday, October 21, 2013

Evita

Just a couple of days after my last trip to the symphony, I was lucky enough to be taken by P to go see Evita at the Fox.

The musical was basically a live version of the movie, which was fine by me.  I hadn't seen the movie in ages, but I remembered that there were a lot of songs I liked in it.  I was a little disappointed to discover how few of the words I remembered, but it has been a while and I don't have the soundtrack.

All the fun stuff I remembered was still there, as was the depressing.  Frankly, I thought the woman who played Evita was rather strained, especially in the higher registers.  Colonel Peron and the narrator had lovely, full voices, but I found Eva's to be a bit thin and screechy.

But I always enjoy a musical, and am looking forward to the next time I get to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment