Friday, March 28, 2014

Hyperbole and a Half -- Take 2

Oh, Allie Brosch.  You are such a strange being. 

Much of what is in this book is pulled directly from her now-rarely-updated blog, but I'm pretty sure there are some new ones too (or at least ones that I don't remember from the blog).  As with any book of short stories, which is essentially what this is, some stories are better than others.  There were some that were so funny I laughed until I couldn't read any more.  Others were just moderately amusing.

For anyone who doesn't know (though you can take a peek at the blog to see), Allie illustrates her stories with crude pictures created in MS Paint; the cover of the book is her own, um, art.  So I guess the best description of this book is that it's a collection of short stories in graphic novel form.  And what I love about short stories is that you can easily read one or two when it's convenient.  And this was a most excellent way to end the evening and get ready for sleep.

Thanks, K!

No comments:

Post a Comment