Saturday, March 22, 2014

What I Watched -- August: Osage County

I have been on a film kick!  August: Osage County was my next movie, and I'm going to say something similar about it as I said about Dallas Buyers Club.

The acting was good, and it was quite a cast: Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Chris Cooper (whom I love),  Ewan MacGregor, Sam Shepard in a bit part, Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch (whom I will now only ever refer to by his full name), Dermot Mulroney (also kind of an awesome name), and Juliette Lewis, among others.

And this really was a movie about acting.  Before I saw it, someone told me not to bother, because I would just be watching famous people scream at each other over dinner for two hours.  I watched it anyway, and they were right.  But it was emotional yelling, emphatic yelling, and well done.

Bottom line: the actors really do get into these roles, and it's like watching actual family members really fight with each other.  Well done, but why?

No comments:

Post a Comment