Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Weekend of Great Food

Last weekend was so full of food!

On Friday after work, I headed to Tripel, a fairly new spot in Lafayette Square, to meet a lawyer new to town for some networking.  We each had the beer sampler, and I let our waiter pick my three beers, so I don't even remember what I had!  To eat, I had the onion soup, which was decently tasty.  My new lawyer friend got the pommes frites, which were served with a flavored mayo which was pretty delicious.

Saturday morning I went on my Chain of Rocks bike ride, then headed over to A's house for his annual pig roast.  He could not have picked a lovelier day for a rooftop gathering!  And Josh Galliano, of Libertine fame (among others), was there roasting our pig for us!



Dad was in town for the weekend on some business, so we met for dinner at Bar Les Freres in Clayton, and continued to enjoy the lovely day with dinner out on their front patio.  Dad had their specials for both the app and main, but I went with menu choices.  I started with the gruyere souffle (the same that I had the first and only other time I was there), and had the mushroom and leek tart for my main.  Delicious, and a perfect evening.

1 comment: