Monday, May 12, 2014

What I Read -- Congratulations, by the way

I heard about Congratulations, by the way on my old standby book podcast, Books on the Nightstand. It wasn't something I planned on running out to pick up, but I liked what Michael had to say about it: short, easy to read often, and with a good message.

So when Letter J and I popped into one of my favorite local shops, Left Bank Books, I was sad to be leaving empty handed.  Then, near the door, I saw a little table with copies of this trade-paperback-sized hardcover -- autographed, nonetheless!

(As a bit of a sad aside, LBB is closing its downtown location, and will return to being a single-location operation as of the end of this month.)

So I picked one up.  Michael is right: short, easy to read often, and with a good message.  I'll keep it around for when I need some inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I heard good things about this too... will probably "read" it as a Book on CD :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete