Monday, June 23, 2014

Henry V

Last Saturday, I saw the second (or third, depending on how you count) part of this year's Shakespeare Festival performance.  That particular day was reserved for one of their two double headers, though the first one had been rained out.  However, since I had seen Henry IV on another night, I was only in attendance for Henry V that night.


The amazing thing is that the same cast puts on both shows!  Can you imagine being out there in the summer sun, in all that Elizabethan costume, for 6 hours?  Holy hell.  It certainly didn't detract from the performance though!

I can safely say that I find the Henry V story more entertaining than Henry IV, though that says nothing about the actors.  It just seems more interesting to me.  And this version was every bit the show that I hoped it would be.  A classic Shakespeare performance, in the fresh air, on a beautiful night.

And there was funnel cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment