Wednesday, June 25, 2014

John Butler Trio

A couple of weeks ago, John Butler Trio played at the Pageant.  I hadn't heard of JBT until R, my boss, sent me a link to a YouTube video of a very grungy-looking dude playing some killer 12-string.

Shortly thereafter, I get another email saying JBT will be playing in St. Louis, and would I like to go?  You bet I would.

The show was killer.  Most of it was more rock-y than the video above, but still great.

 Some good, old-fashioned banjo. 

He played nine different stringed instruments during the course of the show.  And towards the end, the other two cleared the stage and left JB to jam away at "Ocean" for a full 15 minutes.  That was pretty stunning.

The awesome left-handed picking.

Wowzers.

1 comment:

  1. Wowzas! Wish I coulda been there with you!
    Did you take the videos??
    Good sound
    Mom

    ReplyDelete