Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas Extravaganza, Part I

I must admit that I have done fewer out-of-the-house holiday activities this year than normal, which is a bit of a bummer.  However, I have done plenty of around-the-house stuff, so here's some of that:

1. I put up my Christmas tree!  I got a little creative after debating with S the merits of a real tree.  I may go that route next year, but for now, I'm quite happy with my version!

2. We had a Christmas lighting party.  A couple of weeks ago, we had people over for a dinner of pulled pork, mac 'n cheese, and Christmas cookies, and we put up my yard ornament (an inflatable snowman) and strung Christmas lights across the new deck.

3. I made Christmas treats.  Some were the usual - Santa Snacks, molasses cookies.  But I also tried out some Irish spiked brownies which were pretty delicious.  More to come!

4. I've watched some of my Christmas favorites.  S and I started out the holiday season with Love Actually.  Subsequent to watching it, he discovered a Love Actually drinking game, so we may watch it again.  I've also taken in The Polar Express and It's A Wonderful Life.  Interestingly, though this is the 5th or 6th year I've watched the latter, I noticed a few things in it this time that I hadn't before.  All the more reason to keep watching, year after year.

5. I've written about 2/3 of my Christmas cards. I'm a little late to the card-writing scene this year, so sorry if yours hasn't arrived yet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm late to the card-writing game this year, too. I did most of my shopping in November but waited until December to start writing cards. Doh!

    ReplyDelete