Sunday, December 10, 2017

What I Watched -- Casablanca

I have seen Casablanca before (although I'm not sure I blogged about it), but it's such a classic that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see it on the big screen when it came to town.  Plus, S had never seen it before!

Before the movie, we went to grab some terrible-for-us food at The Village Bar.  We succeeded mightily: chili cheese waffle fries (delicious), a cheeseburger (pretty good), and a mushroom and Swiss burger (eh).  We dashed over to the movie theater, arriving 15 minutes after start time, but just in time for the opening credits.

As movies go, this one is just about perfect.  It has a little bit of mystery, a love story, great music, historical interest, fantastic one-liners, and a winning leading man.

Bottom line: if you haven't seen it, you must (and on the big screen, if possible)!

No comments:

Post a Comment