Sunday, December 31, 2017

What I Read -- Why Not Me?

I read Why Not Me? a while back; I'm not sure how it escaped my blogging notice. It was one of our postal book club books, selected by K.

I did not read Mindy Kaling's first book, nor was I a big watcher of the American version of The Office.  (I did watch a fair number of episodes of the British version, but I still would not consider myself a devotee.)

Nevertheless, I did enjoy Mindy's anecdotes about working on the show, and making it big-ish in Hollywood.  I appreciate that she knows that her life story is not normal (not everyone gets invited to dinner at the White House!).  However, I think a few more years of life experience probably added some much-needed perspective that her first book may have lacked.  All in all, rather an amusing collection of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment