Friday, August 31, 2018

Goals 2018 -- August Recap

The month started off with a bang!

I got to spend a lovely weekend with my sisters and mom in Minneapolis!  This was in lieu of other wedding-related festivities, which I'm either too old for (ahem, bachelorette party) or find unnecessary (I'm looking at you, bridal shower).  That trip will be a separate post, so you can read all about our fun when I get around to posting it.

S and I worked a volunteer shift at the PGA.  I wouldn't call it fun, but it was certainly an experience.  That very hot and sweaty experience was tempered by a lovely evening birthday party for our friend M.

My friend L and her husband came in town for a weekend.  The Sunday they were here was PGA day, but we did get to spend Saturday with them.  We ate some tasty meats at Duke's BBQ Shack, then ventured off with the canoe and some floaties to enjoy a very still stretch of the Cuivre River.

We wanted to go hear a lecture about cryptocurrency at the Fed, but by the time I got around to trying to register, it was booked.  So instead we made our own date night, with pizza from Marco's and viewings of two documentaries about Bitcoin.  One of them was Banking on Bitcoin; I can't remember the title of the other one, but S will know.

We went to a charity happy hour at The Royale, where the more you drink, the more money the charity gets.  We were very helpful there!

One thing I didn't get to do a lot (or actually any) of this month was biking.  I was very busy on the weekends, doing a combination of helping S work on the camper, doing wedding stuff (including finally mailing our invitations), and moving to a new office location.  All that took quite a bit of time.  But, there's always September -- which is when cross season starts anyway!

1 comment: