Thursday, August 9, 2018

What I Watched -- Joe Dirt

A friend convinced me some time ago to watch Archer, swearing I would find it hilarious.  I did not.  Upon reflection, I concluded that I was entirely too sober to find it amusing, and I have not attempted it again since.

Luckily, I was not quite so sober when I watched Joe Dirt, which made it reasonably amusing.  The whole thing was probably helped by the fact that I find David Spade amusing, even if the film is stupid.

He plays Joe Dirt, white trash, but a nice guy.  He was abandoned by his parents as a child, and has spent the intervening decade and a half trying to find them, and get the story behind why they left him.

Bottom line: the movie is stupid.  It's frat boy humor at best.  But if you're in the mood for stupid, frat boy humor, it fills the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment