Friday, January 25, 2019

That Isn't All The Movies?

How is it possible that after my two recent and expansive posts about movies, there are still more movies that I've seen which I haven't written about?  I've been a delinquent blogger, that's how.  Here's what else I've seen:

Birdbox: this made-for-Netflix movie stars Sandra Bullock in a not-too-distant-future apocalypse flick.  The villain is an invisible shadow-type thing, but if you look directly at it, you develop the uncontrollable need to off yourself.  If you go outside, you have to do it blindfolded, which makes for an interesting adventure when Sandra's character sets off on a journey with two kids to find a safe community.  It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining.



  
The Green Mile: S was appalled when he discovered that I hadn't seen this, so we watched it right away.  It's one of his favorites, and I can see why.  Good acting, good characters, complex emotions and decisions.  A winner for sure.







Dumplin': another made-for-Netflix movie, this time starring S's girlfriend Jennifer Aniston.  She plays a former beauty queen and mother of Willowdean, a plus-sized teenager who decides that she needs to teach some people a lesson about beauty.  It was cute.  To quote S, "I wasn't mad at it."

1 comment:

  1. I never saw DUPLIN; will look for it! Always loved GREEN MILE. Intense but wonderful.

    ReplyDelete