Friday, January 3, 2020

Goals 2020 -- January Edition

This month, I am going to cross three things off my to-do list.  But not in the way that you normally see that happening.

We all have to-do lists, right?  And we all have some things on those lists that just hang on forever because they are not high enough priority to actually get done.  But we keep them on this list because we have the idea that some day we will do them, and then we will feel better for having done so.

However, during all those intervening days and weeks and months when those things are just hanging there on your list, staring back at you, they make you feel bad.  Useless.  Unproductive.  And the truth is, since they've been there so long and still not gotten done and the sky has not fallen, they're just not that important!

So this month, I will pick three things on my list and just get rid of them.  Not do them.  Just eliminate them.

And how will this further my goal of Clearing My Mind, Simplifying My Life?  By getting those items off my list, out of my eye line, and off of my brain, I can free up that space that's always reserved for, "oh, yeah, I really should do that..." for other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment