Tuesday, April 7, 2020

What I Read -- The Girl in the Spider's Web

As I mentioned a while back, I accidentally picked up the sixth book in the Millennium series at the library more than a month ago.  I did end up going back and swapping out book 6 for book 4: The Girl in the Spider's Web.

This was not my favorite of the books in the series.  I don't know whether it was just that I didn't find the details of the story as compelling, or whether it has more to do with David Lagercrantz's writing.  I didn't have any trouble getting through the book, which makes me think that it is the former.

This picks up the story of Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander several months after the prior book left off.  Lisbeth has all but disappeared; Mikael hasn't written anything worth reading in the meantime and his magazine, Millennium, is struggling mightily.  The murder of an IT genius brings them back together, on an unusual quest to find the man's lost research and save his autistic child, the only witness to the murder.

Saying much more would spoil things, so I won't.  Despite being so far my least favorite of the four books in the series that I've read, it's still a page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment