Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Art and Music

We can't enjoy art or in public right now.  But I did get to take in a lot of it in the last several month which never made it onto my blog.  Here are a few wonderful things to reminisce about -- and look forward to next year!

SLSO
We had a wonderful symphony season.  We went to a hodgepodge of shows -- a collection we built for ourselves -- but it turned out that they were a really great collection.  Hope you can enjoy some of the title pieces as well!

Saint-Saens, Symphony No. 3 in C minor, Op. 78
Rachmaninoff, Symphonic Dances, Op. 45
Tchaikovsky, The Sleeping Beauty Suite, Op. 66
Beethoven, Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major, Op. 19
Schubert, Symphony No. 5 in B-flat major, D. 485
Ravel, Bolero

Our final show, Beethoven's Fourth Symphony, was cancelled due to the pandemic.

Art in Bloom
My favorite annual SLAM event is Art in Bloom, which happens late every winter, just when I'm completely ready for springtime and flowers.

It's funny how, over the years, you can see different trends in the flowers.  Like fashion, I guess.  This year, the designs tended towards more realistic representations, rather than some of the abstractions or color-matching of years past.  Here are a few of my favorites:

  




My big winner of the day was this:


It's hard to get more matchy-matchy than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment