Friday, May 22, 2020

What I'm Reading Now -- Shopgirl

A few weeks back during one of our chats, K asked what our favorite classics were (however you define that).  We didn't get terribly far into the conversation before K was horrified -- horrified! -- to learn that I had never read The Great Gatsby.  K and I had another related conversation a week later about trying to find a "summer" classic.  The Great Gatsby, said she.

After finishing Truman and reading a book about a melancholy lady, I thought I needed something light and easy before delving into a deep, academic endeavor.  Mom had some suggestions, but none of them were books that I own, and I'm trying to get through some of what's already on my bookshelves.  She has read Shopgirl, and agreed that it would be good for the task of being a light interlude between more serious endeavors.

Plus, I love a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment