Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What I Watched -- The Art of the Steal

I think it was C who pointed me in the direction of The Art of the Steal.  However, this particular version of The Art of the Steal was not the one that I intended to watch when I requested it from the library.

I was hoping for the 2010 documentary.  Instead, I got the
2013 crime comedy.  But since I had it, I figured I might as well watch it.

It's a classic ensemble crime film -- lots of characters, each with their own personality quirks.  Everyone is double-crossing everyone else.  Somewhere in there, they steal some art.  The big game is whether you can figure out who's who before the movie's over.

Bottom line: moderately amusing, but that's all.  Certain not the serious art film I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment