Monday, October 26, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Yesterday morning, I got up early and met my friend L for a walk in Forest Park before she went to work. It was lovely -- we got to see the sunrise, have a cup of coffee (or hot chocolate, in my case), and catch up. It wasn't too cold, which I had been a little worried about; it's been a soggy and cold couple of weeks here. But it was a lovely morning, and we even found someone who could take our picture!

Sunrise over the Trees

The Art Museum

The Fall Colors

L and me in front of the Museum (I'm wearing my new green vest!)

6 comments:

  1. We are the cutest things ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know this Laura lady, but I agree with her comment. And I can't believe you were up early enough to see a sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Laura, or at least OF Laura, though I don't think you've ever met. She went to college with me. She wasn't at graduation, though, which I guess is probably the only time that you would have met. But maybe you can when you come to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do know of her. Does she think it's weird that we're having this whole conversation about her sans her? haha. I would like to meet her when I visit!
    I also need to go to Soulard and buy myself some vanilla beans on the cheap. Unless you want to send me some and I can pay you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never go to Soulard, but we should totes go when you're here. It can be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth, I've heard nothing but good things about you and look forward to meeting. There's a neat spice shop on Manchester you might try, too, for the vanilla beans. It's fun to look around...

    ReplyDelete