Friday, October 30, 2009

What Makes a Good Husband?

Wow, Tom Scavo, that's impressive. I never expected something so thoughtful from something like Desperate Housewives. Watch about 2 minutes, from 34:00 to 36:00.

This clip brings up one of life's possibly unanswerable questions: What makes a good husband? Tom and Lynette have been married for probably 20 years (fiction, I know). Has he figured out in all those years what makes a good husband? Does what makes a good husband change over that time? Maybe what was important when they first started out isn't what's important so far down the line.

I have no idea what the answer to this question is. My best guess is that it's different for everyone, in every marriage. People (and, I presume, marriages) are like fingerprints; no two are exactly alike. But it's interesting to think about, nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. Can you direct me to the important part of that 66-page document to the left titled "Ouch"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read the conclusion (pp. 64-66), so I'd recommend that. If you want to read the rest of it and tell me what sort of miserable things it says, that would be much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete