Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dinner at Atlas

Last night we went to Atlas for Dad's birthday dinner, and I have to say that it was an all-around lovely experience. The food was good, the room was cozy, the drinks were tasty. Actually, the place was pretty crowded, considering it was Wednesday. Maybe Wednesday is the new Saturday. Or maybe everyone was just celebrating T's birthday!

For dinner I had the soup of the day, which was a pureed sweet potato soup, followed by the pork medallions with caramelized apples. Turns out red cabbage is pretty darn good! Who knew? And for dessert, K and I split the chocolate cake. How predictable!

Special thanks to K for delivering my gift, as well as her own, with the utmost style. And yes, I'm talking about the frozen peas. All gifts received were consumables, which I strongly support. There was wine, cheese, coffee, and fruit!

1 comment:

  1. I love consumable gifts, too! Wish I could have been there with you guys.

    ReplyDelete