Monday, June 13, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses - Week 7

Otherwise titled: The Circus, Take Three!

If you've been reading my blog for a year or so, you'll know that K and I have made a bit of a habit of going to see Circus Flora.  Well, we've done it again!  (You can read about our previous adventures here and here.)  In attendance this time were K, me, T, and cousin A.  We only just made it, after K's birthday festivities the night before - but we did!

Yesterday's show was a different version of the one we saw in January.

There were a number of different acts, though.  The Duos ADAMO and Voltart, some of my favorites, were gone.  Sad face.  Maybe the ADAMO girl preggers again.  Vince Bruce was gone too.

But we had the St. Louis Arches, everyone's favorite returning group of tumbling youngsters, the Riding Donnert Brothers (new this year), the Olate Family with their dogs (there's a video of this year's act here), and of course the Flying Wallendas and Flying Pages.  I talked about the tragedy of the Flying Wallendas in my last circus post, but I found a video of a news report with some footage including their recreation of the famed seven-person pyramid, which you can see here.

There's a picture of me with the dogs, but I'll have to post it later....

After the circus, T took us out to dinner at BARcelona.  We had lots of tasty food, as well as a round of hot chocolate, because it had been freezing cold in the circus tent!  I basically went home and crashed after that - it was the end of a long day, which was the end of a long (but super fun!) weekend!

Then, when I was out rowing this morning, I told C that we had been to the circus last night, and he told me about a movie called One Lucky Elephant: A Ten Thousand Pound Love Story.  It's a documentary film about our circus's namesake and the search to find her a new home; it was acquired by the Oprah Winfrey Network for distribution late last year.  This article about the movie was written by a woman who came to speak about animal rights at the law school a few times while I was there.

2 comments:

  1. I am disappointed to see that you did not make note of how long it took for my cheese to come to the table. I want that documented.

    ReplyDelete