Friday, June 17, 2011

Finally, success!

Oh my god, I can't believe it!

I have finally done it!  Years ago, when I first got an iPod, I started, like any good iPodder, downloading podcasts.  Over the years I've tried out various ones - some have stuck, some not so much.  For the ones I really liked and which did not necessarily have to do with time-sensitive news (This American Life, RadioLab, To The Best of Our Knowledge, Books on the Nightstand), I also downloaded all of the back episodes.

At my peak, I probably had 400 un-listened-to podcasts on my iTunes.  Whoa.

But I'm finished!  After many years of doing chores and working out with earbuds plugged into my ears, I can happily say that I've listened to them all.  And oddly, I feel as though that is an accomplishment.  Now only have current episodes to contend with - until I find another podcast I love, that is.

POST SCRIPT: I have found another podcast.  Or two.  Or four.  And - horror of horrors! - I realized that my Splendid Table podcast had somehow disappeared! Now I'm back up to 39 un-listened-to podcasts, including the eight or ten episodes of ST that I missed.  But for one brief and shining moment, I did it.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations - that's a lot of discipline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am still sitting on 1443 unheard podcasts. I am pretty sure that number is going up, not down. I'm still listening to Science Friday from 2009...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! But seriously Jeff, you just put me to shame. I never had anything close to that many. On the bright side, you have a long, long, looong drive ahead of you. Maybe you can get down to 1400?

    ReplyDelete