Saturday, April 13, 2013

What I Watched -- Paper Moon

I had never heard of Paper Moon until Uncle P gave me the DVD for Christmas.  You may have noticed that I haven't watched many movies lately; this one has been sitting on the top of my pile, but I've been so darn busy!  I finally got to it this week and I loved it -- stayed up way past my bedtime to watch it!

I'm not a classic film connoisseur, but I loved this!  Tatum O'Neal (whom I know as Kyra from Sex and the City) was fabulous as Addie, the precocious little kid who always knows more than she lets on.  And she's hilarious to boot!  She's getting upset with her guardian of sorts/partner in crime, Moses (played by her real-life father Ryan O'Neal), who says, "I've got scruples too, you know.  Do you know what that is, scruples?"  "No, but if you've got 'em, it's a sure bet they belong to somebody else!"

The film was shot in 1973 but set in the 1930s.  It has the simple story of an old movie, and it works.

Bottom line: simple but so well done that it's totally worth watching.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment