Friday, February 7, 2014

Breckenridge, Day 4

The snow stopped, the sun shone brightly, it was Super Bowl Sunday, so there was no more logical thing for me to do than go skiing.

D worked a bit with Letter J on his weight transfer, and Dad and I skied around on Peaks 8 and 9.  We gathered for a quick lunch with overly large beers (bartender's mistake) at CopperTop before going our own separate ways.  Dad and D headed home to get the food ready for the game.  Letter J stayed on 9 to work on the weight transfer, and I headed off for the long trek up to the highest lift in North America.

That required a ride up the Peak 8 SuperConnect, a short trip over on Frosty's Freeway, a ride up on the 6 Chair, another short ride down across the tops of a bunch of runs, and the final ride up Imperial.


Good lord, what a view!

There's one groomed run that runs off the top, and I did that one first (George's, on the map).  The second run was Alpine Alley, and the third and final run (they shut down the lift - I wasn't finished!) was over into Imperial Bowl.  And then, let's not forget, the rest of the way back down, because there's still a looooong way to go before you get back to the base.

I hit a few more runs after that before heading home for some incredibly unhealthy food and to "watch" the Broncos get their clocks cleaned.  Mostly I was reading, but I saw enough of that pathetic performance to be glad I didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment