Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Other Place

Soemtimes when I don't write on my blog for a while, it's because I'm busy with the boring parts of life - not stuff really worth writing or reading about.  Other times, it's because I'm doing so much great stuff that there's not even time to take a break and write it down.

Last week was the latter, so I'll do my best to recap and relate the complete awesomeness that happened.

It started out two Saturdays ago.  My alumni group planned an event at The Rep, to go see a show called The Other Place.  When I realized that, despite the fact that I'd just bought a ticket to this show, I knew absolutely nothing about it, I actually made a point to keep it that way.  It's not often these days, with the proliferation of information swirling around us at warp speed, that we can be completely surprised by something.

This show was in the black box theater at the Rep.  The lights went down, the stage lights came on, and I was completely blown away.  It's a very simple story with a cast of only four people (although a couple of them play more than one character).  The writing is carries the show, and the unreliability of the narrator really held my attention.

I'm not sure when it will be back in town, but I highly recommend it!

1 comment: