Thursday, April 3, 2014

Kansas City, Day 2

I got up a bit earlier on Sunday than on Saturday, and headed down to the kitchen to chat with our proprietors before breakfast.  They were simply lovely, as was our meal!  This time our starting course was Greek yogurt with homemade granola, honey, and apples, followed by lemon ricotta waffles with bacon, or "rashers" as Peter would say.  And OJ.  And coffee.

We got the car loaded up and headed out a bit earlier than planned, so we killed some time at the Barnes & Noble store (for me) and Moosejaw (for Letter J) before heading over to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art to see what was in store.  And we found lots: Egyptian art (including a mummy!), Greek and Roman frescoes and sculptures, Cubist art, and a quick run through a couple of Impressionist galleries.  We headed to the contemporary wing only because I wanted to see the photography exhibit.  I don't know why I'm into photography exhibits, but I am.  I like them.

On the whole, it's a good museum.  I'm partial to our own SLAM, but Kansas City has done okay for itself.

Before leaving town, we had a late lunch at Gram & Dun, which came highly recommended from a couple of sources.  I had the short rib grilled cheese, which was quite good, but the winner was the monkey bread.  We were there just in time to catch the end of brunch, and the monkey bread was delightful!

And then, the drive home.

1 comment: