Friday, November 13, 2015

Microbrewery: Square One

I'm not sure how I've gone so long without talking about Square One Brewery and Distillery, which is without question the microbrewery that I visit the most often.  The reason that I go so often is because it's pretty close to the climbing gym I go to, so it's a convenient place to stop in afterwards to rehydrate and get some dinner.

Their beer is good.  There are a few stalwarts on the menu that I have with some regularity (Single Malt Scotch Ale, Bavarian Weizen), but I especially like trying their rotating seasonal selections.  They also distill a line of their own spirits.  The only cocktail I've ever ordered there was a gin-based one, and I liked it -- which is saying something, for those of you know know how hard I looked to find gin that I liked.

What's nice about Square One is that their food is really good too, and fun.  On Tuesday nights, they have a build-your-own-burger menu.  On Mondays they do the same with mac 'n cheese.  Both excellent options.  They do a darn good Scotch egg, if that's your thing.  In truth, I rarely order from their regular menu, so I'm a little short on description.  I did have the pulled pork sandwich recently, which was tasty but needed a sturdier sandwich bun.  It disintegrated in the barbecue sauce.  But it was delicious as it disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment