Monday, November 30, 2015

What I Watched -- Cool Hand Luke

S couldn't believe I had never seen Cool Hand Luke, his favorite movie. He wasted very little time before remedying that situation. And it worked out for me too, because Cool Hand Luke is one of those movies that I've heard about for years but never got around to seeing.

But somehow, despite having heard talk of the movie for so many years, I knew nothing about it except that Paul Newman played Luke and his character was a troublemaker.  And that's really enough, because the movie isn't about what happens; it's about that character.

Until the last few minutes of the movie, I wasn't sure I was going to like it.  I won't say why, because if you're one of the three other people on the planet who has no idea what the movie is about, I don't want to ruin it.  But the closing scene is just right, and that saved it for me.

Bottom line: definitely should have seen this one sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment