Monday, January 2, 2017

Goals 2017 -- January Edition

I am, yet again, revisiting how I set goals for myself this year.  Two years ago (and prior), it got to be a bit much having a goal each week that I needed to meet.  Last year, I gave myself a bit too much slack and managed to make less progress than I probably should have.

This year, I will attempt to split the difference with monthly goals.  Some of them may be carryovers that never got finished (or started) last year, others may be new.  I don't have them all planned out yet, so we'll just have to see what comes along.

For January, I will finish the notions cabinet.  S helped me get a head start (and gave me a birthday surprise) by sanding much of the cabinet.  The drawers still need to be sanded, and then I have to pick a paint color and get it painted and usable again.  I have so many things to put it in, though, that I really need to get moving on it!

I am open to suggestions for colors.  For now, I'm not sure what its final location will be, so I don't know what other furniture will be nearby.  Perhaps white is the way to go?  It's easy enough to paint over later if it needs to be re-done.  Or I could go the other direction and make it bright red so that it's going to be the centerpiece of whatever room it's in, no matter what else is there.  Other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Black? Metallic? (You've probably already done this.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not decided (I mean, I sort of have -- see today's post -- but not really). My baking cabinet/soon-to-be bar is black, so I don't want to do that again. The handles of the cabinet are kind of gold, and I'm going to do radiator grate doors, so I'll probably look for some gold for that too. So metallic is a great idea!

      Delete