Monday, January 30, 2017

My iPod Lives!

Guys, I had a very scary day yesterday.  My laptop has been acting up for some time, and a few months ago it completely stopped recognizing my iPod when I plugged it in to sync with my iTunes.

On Friday, I plugged it in, and got a response!  But not a good one.  An error message told me that my iPod might be corrupted. 

Yikes.

However, I have been dutifully backing up my music in anticipation of my laptop's eminent demise, so this is not the end of the world.  What is very difficult, however, is reformatting a corrupted iPod when one's computer won't recognize it.  Normally, iTunes gives you the option to reformat, but I was not getting that.

So I threw my hopes onto the Internet.  I searched and read and researched and risked a virus or two, but after a long day of staring at progress bars, it appears that we are in good working order again!

This all matters because I love my old iPod classic -- you know the one, with the screen and the scroll wheel.  Yes, that one.  But they stopped making them a few years ago, so I have to keep this one functional as long as possible.

Thank you, Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment