Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Goals 2017 -- January Recap

I've started out the year as a failure.  My notions cabinet is not finished.

However, I have made excellent progress.  It's almost entirely sanded.  I need to sand the detail sections of the drawers and the door which have to be done by hand.

And then there's the painting.  I haven't bought paint yet.  I thought I had decided on red, but now I'm chickening out, and thinking what a pain that will be if I decide to paint it again.  So maybe I'll just have to stick with red!  Okay, I've committed.

I also need to buy some radiator grate, which I think I'm going to use on the door, since one of the two sections of paneling is missing anyway.  I needed to buy radiator grate once before, and I remember that it was impossible to find in the store, and a bunch of the employees didn't even know what I was talking about!  Clearly these people have not lived in an old apartment building.

It was super windy this past weekend though, so there was certainly not going to be any painting happening.  I'll post a picture of my progress as soon as I remember to take one!

No comments:

Post a Comment