Monday, November 13, 2017

What I Watched -- Young Frankenstein

On one of the many days that S and I struggled to find a movie to watch, I relayed to him some of the films on my list of movies to see.  He couldn't believe I hadn't seen Young Frankenstein, so that was the choice for the evening.

I'm not much of a Mel Brooks fan, but that's mostly because I don't know exactly what his work is, and I don't follow him in particular.  Upon investigation, it turns out that I've seen Spaceballs (stupidly funny), Robin Hood: Men in Tights (my favorite of his films that I've seen), and the remake of The Producers (if that counts).  And there's Gene Wilder as the title character, and I like him (mostly because he was Willy Wonka, once upon a time).

Bottom line: I'm not sure I'd call it a classic of American filmmaking, but it was definitely amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment