Sunday, April 1, 2018

Goals 2018 -- April Edition

It's supposed to be spring, but it's snowing today.  Not an auspicious beginning to the month.

I have, though, had a couple of lovely weekends at home recently, which have allowed me to do a fair amount of cooking.  Just yesterday, I roasted Brussels sprouts, seared duck breasts with a port-cherry sauce, baked bread, slow-cooked a batch of French onion soup, made spaghetti from scratch, and tried out a new cocktail called the Breakfast of Champions (needed less milk and more bourbon, but those are fixable).


So, how does all this cooking relate to my April goal?  It doesn't.  I was just proud of all the things I made and wanted to tell you about them.

My April goals:
  - Do my mending;
  - Tidy up my craft area;
  - Use the newly-cleaned space to make patterns for the curtains we will need in our camper;
  - Compile a materials list for said curtains.

Yesterday, while I was doing all the aforementioned cooking, S was out in the camper installing the bike tray and the sound deadening panels.  It's nice to see some things happening, and it's time for me to do my part!

1 comment:

  1. Everything you made sounds delicious. Even the duck breasts. Maybe it's the port-cherry sauce that's selling me.

    (No exclamation points. It took a lot of restraint.)

    ReplyDelete