Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Goals 2019 -- July Recap

This month, we were supposed to walk.

I thought this would be an easy one for me, because I love walking.  I was disappointed when I didn't do very well at this.  I do have some excuses, but really I'm just justifying my failures.  First, I didn't make this part of my schedule.  Since, I didn't, I noticed in retrospect that on a lot of days, I just forgot about it.  When I did remember, it was lovely to take an afternoon stroll to break up the work day and feel a bit rejuvenated.

Second, it finally got to be summer in St. Louis!  Those days of the 110* heat index just are not very inviting for walking outside.  Especially when I was in my work clothes.  Nothing feels rejuvenating when it's that hot outside!

In the end, I walked on 16 days, which is far short of the goal of 25 days of walking that we had set out.  But I did enjoy it, and I hope that it's something I can build into my schedule a bit more going forward!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with it ~ I suspect it's one of the reasons so many people walk in malls! My building is 34,000 sq. ft. and everyone jokes that we should have pedometers! Haven't bothered with one yet:-/

    ReplyDelete