Sunday, January 10, 2010

8 months to moving day!

As I'm sure you all know, I hate my apartment. Actually, let me rephrase that: my apartment's OK; I hate my landlords. So even though my lease doesn't expire until August, I'm already excited about the prospect of finding a new place, because I've seen firsthand what a rushed decision can lead to.

So, I've started a spreadsheet to keep track of the places I look at. I made a list of a lot of my concerns, but I want to make sure I have my bases covered. Some of the things I already have on the list are:
Rent
Utilities
Size of apartment
BR/Bath
Pet policy
Smoking policy
Dishwasher, W/D, etc.
Parking
Storage space
Safety of area/apartment
Neighbors

If you have any additional items to add to my list -- either things you're glad you asked, or things you wish you had thought about at the time -- I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Draftiness, gas vs. electric heat, screens on the windows (obviously one I failed to notice), convenience to places you go, walkability of area... I'll think of more

    ReplyDelete